Sunday 3 March 2013

How I became a Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd fan.....


This one is really special to me for many reasons. First, I remember it as it was yesterday... I was in high school during the golden years of Thrash Metal (around 1988 ), I was talking to my friend Ghislain about music and loaning each other some LPs during a Physics class... The teacher came to us and said it looks like you like to listen some real music guys... let me bring you some records I have at home.  He brought me Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath LP (that he saw live in Montreal in the 70s) and a few Pink Floyd LPs (Piper At The Gates of Dawn, Meddle and Atom Mother Earth).  This somewhat changed my life.  I became a huge Black Sabbath fan at that time.

I met this teacher last summer at a funeral. He came to me and remembered me very well... I was so glad to see him again and to tell him that everytime I listen to a Pink Floyd album I think about him :)  A few people have a big impact on your life and he is one of them.

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath - 1970 - Canada - Warner Bros





Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother - 1970 - Harvest - Canada






No comments:

Post a Comment