Saturday 16 February 2013

Iron Maiden - Live After Death


This was my first contact with Iron Maiden.  I remember buying this tape from a friend of mine.  As many people I'm sure, the first thing that caught my attention was the album art with this zombie on the cover (at the time I didn't know who was Eddie). Also, for this specific record, I was surprised that they were able to fit so many songs on a single tape!

I still remember putting this in my tape player and hearing the intro followed by Aces High... In an instant I was hooked.  This tape became my favourite tapes for months. I would carry it everywhere with me.  One day, I went to a friend of mine and he had it on 2LP.  I was so impressed by the booklet and all the pictures that came on the inserts of this gatefold release. Obviously, I had to get it on LP as well!  For obvious reason, I had to buy the studio recording for the album for this tour... and Powerslave became my favourite record of this band.

And then came the recent re-issue (2013). I couldn't resist to buy it again.  This records is still one of my favourite Live album of all time.


Here they are (as you can see, I still have my original tape):


No comments:

Post a Comment